Monday, December 20, 2010

The Best Gift I Ever Got


SWAGG is a free mobile app (download here) that lets you shop smarter using your mobile phone. Buy, send or swap SWAGG GIFTS and organize your old school plastic gift cards.
For every download of the app between now and Dec. 31, 2010, SWAGG will donate $1 to Stand Up To Cancer (SU2C) , up to $125,000.
Clever Girls Collective and SWAGG are sending a pair of movie fans to the Sundance Film Festival!  Download the SWAGG app and then visit the   Ultimate SWAGG Getaway Sweepstakes site to enter to win a trip for two to the Sundance Film Festival. Entry deadline is January 3, 2011, 11:59pm, PST.


The best gift I ever received also happens to be the best gift I ever gave. It all happened just 3 years ago. This past week we celebrated Mr. Destructo's 3rd birthday. Just a week before Christmas, he was the best Christmas gift I ever received. A little 6 pound 14 ounce present. Daddy was deployed out to sea at the time and wasn't able to be there in person, but he was able to be there on the phone. For months I worried about going through labor without him. Of course I had my mom, but I really wished I had had my husband. I sent him an email just as we were leaving for the hospital. Not long after I arrived the phone was already ringing and it was hubby calling all the way from Dubai, in the United Arab Emirates, half-way across the world! He called every so often to check in on us. I instructed him to call me back again at 11am. 11 am came and no phone call. I was starting to push and Mr. Destructo was on his way out and still no phone call. At 11:14 he finally called and I was screaming. I had no pain meds and was undrugged (something I am personally very proud of). My husband was on the phone with me the moment Mr. Destructo entered the world. He heard is first cries and all. The best gift I ever received also happened to be the best gift I ever gave my husband, his first born son. My little Christmas baby is now a smart, talkative, funny 3 year old!

Another of the greatest gifts I ever received happened to be for my birthday last year. Blue Eyes had his cranial surgery on January 8th, just 3 days before my birthday. (If you would like to watch the video explaining this more click this link. It contains graphic images.) I knew we would still be in the hospital over my birthday and honestly I was a little sad about that. Who wants to see their little 10 month old in pain on their birthday? Not me that's for sure. On January 11th, 2010, my 23rd birthday, we were given the great news that little Blue Eyes would be discharged from the hospital the next day! It was the best news we had received all week! That night my mom came to stay at the hospital so I could go home and get some sleep before he came home and needed a lot more of me to care for him. He also opened one eye for the first time in days that day. While it was not where I wanted to celebrate my birthday, I was very thankful for the gift the doctors gave me by giving us such great news!


So those are the best gifts I ever received. What's your best gift ever?


SWAGG has also partnered up with Stand Up To Cancer (SU2C). For every download of their app between now and December 31st, they will donate $1 to SU2C up to $125,000! Seems like a great cause to me!
There is also a sweepstakes you can enter! The winner will win 2 tickets to the Sundance Film Festival!
  • 2 night/3 day stay at Yarrow Hotel in Park City Utah (Jan 21 - Jan 23, 2011)
  • Ground transportation to and from hotel to airport in Park City, Utah
  • Dinner for two at Tao Lounge, including 2 nightclub passes
  • All access to The House of SWAGG Gifting Suite
  • 2 tickets to a movie premiere on Saturday, January 22nd -- movie tbd
  • $4,000 value
Learn more about the coolest new app that revolutionizes the whole shopping, gifting, and gift card-organizing experience and Download the SWAGG app to your iPhone or Droid. I was selected for this sponsorship by Clever Girls Collective, which endorses  Blog With Integrity.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment and let me know what you think!

Related Posts with Thumbnails