Sunday, August 1, 2010

Baby Dipper Bowl and Utensils Review

A few days ago I had Blue Eyes in his booster seat munching away on some Cheerios and I was helping Mr. Destructo finish washing his hands so he could join us for breakfast. Then I heard the distinct sound of the bowl of Cheerios land on the floor and an innocent "uh oh" come from my little boy. I sighed because it was way to early to start this. I know he didn't mean it, sometimes they just knock the bowl in the floor. In the back of my mind I was thinking "why didn't you just wash the Baby Dipper and give him that?!"

**Kicking Myself**

What is this "Baby Dipper" I referred too? Well it's an awesome Mom-Invented, very handy, wonderfully useful food dish! Here let me show you!
A little side note right quick, the utensils are VERY durable!! You can see the spoon is a bit scuffed on the handle. Yep, it took a trip through the disposal. Whoops. I was very impressed how well it survived!!

The Baby Dipper Bowl is  triangular shaped and sloped towards one point. It helps all of the food pool in one area making it easier for moms to feed their babies with one hand or for toddlers to self feed easier.

The base is made of non-slip material to help prevent sliding. If you've ever had to feed a child with one hand while you attempt to eat your own food, you will understand how nice it is not to have things slipping and sliding away.

It's made of a blue see through plastic that doesn't have all that BPA, lead and other yuck-o stuff. It is safe to be washed on the top rack of the dishwasher, but I've never run it through the dishwasher. We only run the dishwasher every few days and I use this bowl almost every day. It's also microwave safe. 
We have tried all sorts of foods in this bowl. We've done applesauce, fruit chunks, cereal, yogurt, crackers, and veggies (perfect for peas!).

Blue Eyes had his Occupational Therapy evaluation last week and the therapist saw the Baby Dipper on the table and she is so excited to use it in his therapy! She really thinks it's going to help him learn to self feed. (I'll update again when she has used it to tell you all what she thinks.)

Pros: 
  • No slipping and sliding. Love that it's easy for my toddlers to use.
  • Easy to clean. 
  • Utensils fit well in their palms and have a special grip.
  • Snack sized. At 4 oz. it's a good size for snacking.
  • Durable. Utensils held up well in the garbage disposal.
Cons:
  •  A little small for meals. It holds 4 oz. which is great for young babies, but as toddlers it's more of a snacking size. It's not really a big deal to me.
Buy It:
You can purchase the Baby Dipper Bowl set with a spoon and fork on their website! The great news is that the price has just been reduced down to $9.95 for the bowl, spoon and fork! It's also sold in some retail stores and also some online stores. You can check out which ones here.

At under $10 I think this would make a great baby shower gift for that expecting mom!

Make sure you follow Baby Dipper on Facebook, Twitter, and on their blog to stay up to date on all the happenings!

I'd love to know if you have one of these or if you buy one!

Disclaimer: I was given this set to review on this blog. My opinions are all mine and have not been swayed by anyone. I'd like to thank the wonderful mom of 2 sets of twins, Mrs. Barbara Schantz, for inventing this and giving my family a chance to try it out!

1 comment:

Leave me a comment and let me know what you think!

Related Posts with Thumbnails