Saturday, July 24, 2010

Save money with the Farmer's Market

Today my family and I finally found a good Farmer's Market. We have been to a few the last couple of weeks but the prices were not what I expected and could get much better deals at the grocery store. I knew I must be doing something wrong. Where were all these good deals on veggies that everyone raves about? Today we found it! If you live locally, you should check out the Chesapeake City Park Farmer's Market! Let me show you what I got!


We got these 2 eggplants for .50 a piece!

We got 3 pounds of green beans for $2.
I let Mr. Destructo pick 1 cucumber and 1 squash. The cucumber was .50 and the squash was .33.
We also walked out with a 5 pound bag of red potatoes for $2.50.

We spent $6.75 total. If I hadn't already bought veggies from the grocery store on Wednesday I would have taken advantage of the 20 cent tomatoes and the cheap onions too!

So do you shop at the Farmer's Market? Whats your best score? We'll be going back next weekend! I can't wait to show you what I find!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment and let me know what you think!

Related Posts with Thumbnails