Wednesday, March 31, 2010

This week's grocerys

I'm going to start posting the photo from grocery shopping each week (if you all like it, if not then I won't). If you aren't using coupons yet, maybe this will be a good motivator.
Here is what I got from Farm Fresh (FF) today. Keep in mind that FF doubles coupons up to $1 on Wednesday.
Missing from photo: 1 12 pack of soda, 2 packs of corn tortilla

Free: Milk, 2 Starbucks Frapuccino, 2 Dan-Active, 2 Activia, 1 Digiorno 200 calorie pizza, 2 carton of Tropicana Orange Juice, 2 Steamfresh veggies.

$1 or less: 2 Tropicana OJ's, 3 boxes of cereal, 2 bags of chips, 10 cans of veggies, 2 biscuit mixes, 1 pizza crust mix, Black pepper,

Other: Pork Chops, 12 pack of soda, corn tortillas, bread, ground beef, bananas, salad, taters, french fries, veggie entrees (easy meal when it's just me to cook for, used a coupon), sub rolls, Pull Ups (used a coupon). These are things that we needed or I didn't have a coupon for which is why they were more than a dollar.

Some of the good deals:

  • The cereal was a really good deal. $1.98 a box and when you buy 3 you receive a coupon for a free gallon of milk. Used a $0.70/1 and a $1/3 Double those and it is 3.40 off. $5.94 for 3 boxes- $3.40= $2.54 or $0.85 a box+ a free gallon of milk.
  • The Tropicana Trop 50 on sale for 2/$6: I had 2 coupons for $1/1 and I had 2 coupons for BOGO free. The first 2 rang up at $1 each ($2 total) and I received 2 more free with my BOGO coupon. 4 cartons of OJ for $2 or $0.50 a piece.
My total before the coupons was $113.40 with tax.
After coupons I paid $63.40 and I have a coupon for a free gallon of milk still.
I saved $49.74 which is a savings of 45%.

I'd like to know how you did. Where did you shop? Did you get any good deals? I love hearing from my readers!
Also, would you like me to post this every week or not? Kinda feels like bragging, but seeing these trips when I first started really helped me get into it and save. I'm leaving it up to you!
Here's what my kids looked like while I was setting up the food for the photos. LOL:

3 comments:

  1. You inspire me to do better with this.Coupon clipping is a full time job.LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it is! It takes up a good bit of time, clipping, sorting, and figuring out the best deals! Can't wait till my kids can at least cut the coupons out with me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to see what you do! :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment and let me know what you think!

Related Posts with Thumbnails