Recently we were given the chance to review The Shushybye Sleepover Surprise book and the Close Your Eyes CD.
SHUSHYBYE is an interactive television show, book and music ritual for parents as they prepare their preschoolers for sleep. The books offer colorful characters and charming stories, while the accompanying catchy and spirited original SHUSHYBYE rock and pop songs help inspire children to look forward to sleep-time.My first impressions of the book was that it was colorful, creative, interesting and fun. The names of the characters are a bit of a tongue twister. With names like Snoozles, Dozie, and Zeez it was fun to read. Mr. Destructo found it especially entertaining listening to me jumble those names all up! I think his favorite thing about the book was that the cover glows in the dark. The only downside I found about the book isn't really that big of a deal. It was a long book and lost my 2 year old's attention. But he never sits still longer than a few minutes anyways. I think he did actually sit with me for about 15 minutes. That's a big deal for us! However that just let me read the first half one night and the second half the next night. Overall I give the book a thumbs up.
We also received a CD to listen to and review. I have a story about this CD! I tried to play it the night we got it before bed, but the computer wasn't working right and it wouldn't play the CD at all. I was pretty bummed and frustrated. The kids went off to bed. The next morning, it was crazy in the house! Both kids were crying and screaming and I was frustrated. There were diapers to change and breakfast to be fed. Neither wanted the diaper and both wanted breakfast ASAP! Right in the middle of the screaming the CD just started playing out of nowhere! It was so weird. I kid you not, both kids immediately stopped crying and started listening. I was able to get them changed and fed without another peep from them! It was amazing! Mr. Destructo started dancing and Blue Eyes started bobbing his head. I give the CD 5 stars!
Would you like to win a copy of the book and the CD?
Buy It:You can purchase your own Shushybye book, CD and a ton of other things on their website.
1 Shushybye Sleepover Surprise Book
1 Close Your Eyes CD
MAKE SURE YOU LEAVE YOUR EMAIL IN YOUR COMMENT SO I CAN REACH YOU IF YOU WIN!
Giveaway will end on 3/29 at 11:59pm PST.
Leave a separate comment for each entry.
How to Enter:
1. YOU MUST DO THIS FIRST or all other entries will not count! Please visit Shushybye then come back and tell me either something you would like, or something you learned. (1 entry)
2. Subscribe to my blog by Email and Confirm that Subscription, add your email on the right hand side. (1 entry)
3. Follow Me on Google Friend Connect, click the button on the right hand side.(1 entry)
4. Become a fan of this blog on Facebook. (1 entry)
5. Blog about this giveaway, with a link to my blog and come back and leave the link to your blog post. (1 entry)
6. Add my button to your sidebar. If it's already there, let me know that! Leave a link to your blog. (1 entry)
7. Add I Have a Coupon for That! to your blogroll (using my URL), with a link back to me! (1 entry)
Disclaimer: I was sent a copy of the book and the CD for my family and I to review. I did not receive any monetary compensation for my opinion. All opinions are mine.