Thursday, March 11, 2010

Eagle Cam- watch the eaglets hatch!

Here is a super fun and educational thing to do, best of all it's free!
The eaglets at the Norfolk Botanical Gardens are beginning to hatch! The mom laid 3 eggs in late January-early February after they got a good 6 inches of snowed dumped on them! The first egg hatched at 1:10pm this afternoon.
My family and I have gone to the Gardens and have seen the nest first hand. It is huge! This eagle family has been here for a few years now. It is pretty exciting to watch!
You can watch the eagles 24/7 on Eagle Cam! There is also a live chat that you can participate in and ask the experts whatever questions you have!
Here is another great resource by DGIF with good educational information!
And here is a forum with hourly observations and photos.
I encourage you to go watch the Mom, Dad, and the babies as they hatch one by one!

5 comments:

  1. New follower from FF. Thanks for this information. My kids will be very excited to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, happy Follow Friday! I'm your newest follower!

    http://dustinnikki.blogspot.com/

    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Friday Follow!!! :o)

    Now Following you!! Visit me @
    http://mandysfrugaljourney.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the follow! I like your blog concept. Cute :) Following you back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That eagle cam is so cool! Thanks for sharing and for stopping by my place today!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment and let me know what you think!

Related Posts with Thumbnails