Friday, February 12, 2010

Rolling, tossing, and kicking... art?

He rolled it, he threw it, and he kicked it! Would you believe it turned into art? Actually a masterpiece, at least in the eyes of his mommy. I think this has got to be my most favorite thing he's made me so far! I don't really know what it is called. We used finger paint paper, some paint, a formula can, tape, and items to shake around in the can. We used dried beans, q-tips, and floor Fruit Loops. In case you don't know what floor Fruit Loops are, I swear I sweep up at least a bowls worth of Fruit Loops off the floor every morning after breakfast. At least! This also goes for Cheerios, Apple Jacks, and Kix. But anyways, you could also use marbles, beads, coins, or anything else you find laying around the house.


I took an old formula can and wiped it free of dust, not sure how dust got into the sealed can, but it did. So anyways, I took the paper and cut it to fit in the can. Then I let Brian drop the Q-tips into the can. After that I squeezed some paint in and sealed it up really good! Then we rolled it, threw it, and kicked it! He had a blast! He was laughing and just having fun!



The art that came from it was pretty cool! We did it a couple more times and I found that heavier items did better. The Q-tips and the Fruit Loops got stuck in the paint too easily and the beans really painted it quickly. It only took a couple shakes for the beans and it took a lot more with the light weight items. So here are the 4 pieces we made.

So now that he made these, what do I do with them? They sat on my counter all day while I tried to figure it out. Eventually it came to me! Remember the frame he made here? I decided to cut out pieces of the paintings to spell "L-O-V-E" and figured I would frame it up that way! I LOVE IT!!!! I can't wait to hang it up. I think I'm going to put it on the shelf in our bedroom with our marriage items.

3 comments:

  1. What a great idea! They came out so cute and he sure had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute! I'm definitely going to try this with the girls!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment and let me know what you think!

Related Posts with Thumbnails