Monday, February 15, 2010

National Pancake Day and our special day

On Tuesday, February 23rd IHOP is celebrating National Pancake Day. You can receive a short stack (3 pancakes) for free, all they ask is that you consider a donation to Children's Miracle Network.

Now for a special story about National Pancake Day. About a year ago we started seeing the commercial's on TV for National Pancake Day at IHOP. It was on Tuesday, February 24th that year. We hadn't been there in awhile and were anxious to go. My husband and I talked about it for weeks and told Mr. Destructo (14 months at the time) about yummy pancakes. I was also 9 months pregnant and now craving them. Well February 23rd came and we were both excited to go out to eat for breakfast in the morning, a rare treat for us. But I guess a certain little someone had better plans. Needless to say, February 24th at 6am the hard labor started and there were no pancakes in my immediate future. I did for a brief moment think that maybe we had time to get some pancakes on the way to the hospital, but then everything really sped up and I wasn't sure we were going to make the 40 minute drive to the hospital in time. To make a long story short, Baby Nathan joined us on National Pancake Day almost 1 year ago. You can see why that day as more meaning to us. To celebrate the day, we are going to IHOP for Nathan's first taste of IHOP pancakes! I'm excited! And this year, labor isn't going to keep me away!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment and let me know what you think!

Related Posts with Thumbnails