Thursday, February 11, 2010

Fingerpainting with toddlers!

I continued my mission on doing more crafty, artsy things with my kids today. I have been wanting to finger paint with them lately but can't find the paints anywhere! I know they are somewhere in the house, but the box is must be hiding! So what do you do when you can't find the paint? You open the fridge and ask Brian what he wants to paint with! He originally chose mayo and soy sauce. Eww GROSS! I chose ketchup and mustard and he was thrilled!
I changed the boys into their messy clothes and dug out the finger paint paper. I recommend containing the child! Such containment device could be a high chair. Trust me, lesson learned! I strapped them both in, taped the paper to the table, squirted the ketchup and mustard on the paper for them and sat back and took pictures for the next 20 minutes. It was great! The kids loved it! I'm pretty sure Nathan ate more of it than he painted with. I have some more painting with toddler ideas up my sleeve so stay tuned for those! for now enjoy the pics!
 
Nathan eating the paint.
  
Brian realizing his hands are dirty, he licked them to clean them off.
Brian's masterpiece
Nathan's masterpiece

1 comment:

  1. They are so cute! That's a cool idea. I never thought of that. And I think that's a nice between the two of them. Thanks for sharing the cute pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment and let me know what you think!

Related Posts with Thumbnails